Thursday, April 29, 2010

Drew Brees Is Awesome

OK, I know we're not exactly breaking news or giving hard hitting opinion with this article - but, I came across a couple sweet videos about the reigning Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees that are worth seeing. And, what the heck, since I'm a Saints fan and I am still basking in the glow of the Super Bowl XLIV victory... why couldn't I just put together an article featuring the divine revelation that is Drew Brees.

First, here's the highlights from the Super Bowl where he tied a record for completions including going 29/32 in the last 3 quarters and 7/7 on the final drive to 7 different receivers.
Yes, he's an accurate quarterback. But, how accurate is he? This is a mind-blowing Sport Science clip that shows the amazing precision in which Drew Brees can throw a football, even more accurate than Olympic archers. Wait, sorry, my high school Physics teacher would scold me for confusing precision and accuracy. What I mean to say is he is both accurate, and precise! Wow, I'm a nerd. I feel like the Alton Brown of sports blogging.

Yes, obviously the guy is a great QB, yada yada yada. We knew that, but did we know Drew Brees could do this...

Or this...
Home runs from both sides of the plate! He beat Andy Roddick in tennis as a youngster, he can dunk a ball over the goal posts, he can outdo Olympic athletes, and now this?

What's next for this guy? He's already known for his work on and off the field. He's got a trophy wife and what the nation considers to be the cutest kid in the universe. Hello, he led the Saints to the Super Bowl title for God's sake! Now he's taking on the Madden Curse. The SI jinx was nothing for this guy, the Madden Curse will be like a walk in Audubon Park. My bet is that he'll be able to break it pretty easily... and by that I'm hoping that he overcomes the jinx that I just put on him. Perhaps that nickname of Breesus is really justified.

Well... I take that back... he can truly earn that nickname when he leads the Cubs to a World Series title, then we'll know he's the second coming and the apocalypse is near. 2012 is right around the corner you know and let's face it, they can use a switch hitter in the middle of the lineup...

No comments: